Monday, December 2, 2013

Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom


Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom is based on South African President Nelson Mandela's autobiography of the same name.  The film, which tells the story of Mandela's life from childhood to his inauguration as South Africa's first democratically elected president, was released to critical acclaim in South Africa last week.

Unfortunately it did not get stellar reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, but the fact that it stars Idris Elba in the role of Nelson Mandela might be quite a draw for some people (right, Simone?).

2 comments:

  1. Why are you encouraging Simone to keep looking at my man. She needs to keep her eyeballs in her head! The end! yeah I heard it didn't get the greatest reviews, but I'm still interested in seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allyse, Idris is mine. Point Blank and the Period.
    I have tried looking this movie up but it's only playing in certain theatres in New York. If it comes to this area I'm going!

    ReplyDelete