Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Good friends and good food

The Black Marlin is a favorite restaurant of our family's.  When I was a child and we would vacation in Cape Town, I can remember the occasional visit here for a special meal.  Six years ago when we had a family reunion in South Africa for my parents' 40th anniversary, the party was held at this restaurant.  So on Sunday night, when the US ladies wanted to thank my parents for their hospitality, we had dinner here and Clodagh and TJ and I also invited several good friends to join us for this special evening.





Not one person had a bad meal.  Actually that's an understatement, they were all excellent.  A large amount of seafood was ordered and enjoyed alongside several tasty South African wines.  A fresh local fish called Kingklip was on my must-eat list during this visit, and gladly I managed to check that item off.  Nom-nom!

Credit for images: Damon O'Reilly

1 comment: