Some of the more popular wine farms suggest reservations and since we're visiting during peak season and will be a travelling circus of ten people, reservations are a very good idea! My mother has kindly taken it upon herself to plan our wine farm days. Since my parents are so very familiar with the various wineries - they frequent their favorites with their friends Thomas and Anja - I couldn't have selected a better person for the job. It was also my parents who suggested that we incorporate a tour and tasting at Van Ryn's Brandy Distillery into the day we cover the Stellenbosch Wine Route... and you'll recall that we all enthusiastically agreed!
Now for the hard part: selecting just one of the tantalizing tour and tasting combinations that Van Ryn offers. All the tastings include a tour of the working distillery, cooperage and maturation cellar.
We'll put it to a vote. Leave a comment on this post as to which is your preferred tasting.
- Van Ryn's Tasting - R45
- Taste Van Ryn's 10 Year Old Vintage and 12 Year Old Potstill Brandies
- Brandy, Coffee & Chocolate Pairing - R85
- Pair Belgian chocolate and Brazilian coffee with three of our award-winning Potstill Brandies.
- Van Ryn's Florentine Collection Reserve Tasting - R90
- Nutty, lacy and crisp Tuscan biscuits (cookies), drizzled with chocolate paired with four of our award-winning Brandies.


I'm torn between 2 & 3. I love chocolate and coffee. But I like cookies drizzled in chocolate as well. I'm gonna go with #3.
ReplyDeleteMy vote is for Van Ryn's Florentine Collection Reserve Tasting with tour.
ReplyDeleteI notice this on the menu as well - I wonder if we can order this in addition to the traditional tasting:
ReplyDeleteCheese and Charcuterie Platter with Viceroy cocktails.
Yes please!!
You havn't mentioned the cost!
ReplyDeleteI'm with Simone and happy to go with the majority...though we don't all have to be the same i guess! Dad's in on the Florentine as well!
flineo, isn't the cheese platter a light lunch and we will have eaten?
Okay, I added the costs to the original post - see above.
DeleteI actually wanted to ask you about that (anonymous) mom, can we each select a different tasting option? I'm also torn between 2 and 3, but unlike the rest of you I'm leaning more towards option 2.
As for the meat and cheese platter - we'll be there hours after lunch, no? With all this boozing, the more we eat the better. We'll be on vacation, who's counting the number of meals we eat in a day? There you go, feel free to pick from my list of ready-to-go excuses :)
This is sooooo hard, especially since I really love Brandy.
ReplyDeleteI would naturally vote for no. 1, but since we may all not be Brandy lovers, I would go with no. 2 as my first pick.
No. 3 as my second.
Gail
Hi Gail,
DeleteI too am a lover of brandy, so I'm going for option 3 because we taste four different brandies, whereas option 1 offers only two brandies and option 2 offers three!
-Spike
Yes I would luv to taste all four if the non brandy drinkers wouldn't mind. But maybe we could convert them!
DeleteGail Russell
i really don't mind but i guess if i had to i'd say
ReplyDelete3
2
1
Clodagh
3 :) and I just saw the countdown, 40 days till the AWESOMENESS starts :) Can't wait!
ReplyDelete40 days until their flight takes off... but only 35 days for me and TJ! And 36 day for Clodagh!
DeleteWhoop-whoop!
Always late on the take..... I say
ReplyDelete2
3
1
I will go with the majority...how could I not love any of this...but seriously people...coffee, Brandy AND chocolate. Holy Cow!!!
So good. Like...really, really good. :)
ReplyDelete