Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Bianca's Wedding

I know, I know, it's actually Garin and Bianca's wedding... but since Bianca is my childhood best friend, my view of the day may have been a little slanted and focused on her loveliness.

Although I must say, I was quite taken to see the utter adoration with which Garin would look at Bianca, and the complete devotion in her eyes when she looked at him.  Observing the glances exchanged between the happy couple was alone worth the trip from the United States.

TJ and I landed in Johannesburg airport a little after 9:30 on Sunday morning and we hit the ground running.  First stop, Pat and Janette's home to dump our luggage, then the hair dresser for me, then back home to shower, dress, attempt reasonable looking make-up with my shaking hands (I was feeling very emotional, you must understand), find the wedding card (where on earth did I pack the wedding card??), and then into the car and off to the Kingdom Hall for the 2pm ceremony.  Phew!

Out of respect for the couple's wishes, I will not go crazy posting photos of the wedding.  Their wedding photographer, Damon of Nomad Photography is posting select shots from the day to an album on his Facebook page and will continue to do so over the next few weeks.  I encourage you to click this link to the album and see just what a breath-taking celebration of love it was.

My personal highlights from the day include... catching the bride's eye during the ceremony and seeing her face light up with a smile; seeing Bianca's personality shine through in every detail of the day - from her custom made dress, to the abundance of colorful flowers, from the photos of each guest hung as bunting around the reception to the vintage polaroid photobooth and typewriter for personalising messages to the couple; seeing so many special people at the wedding and sharing the joy of not only being together, but being together at such a special occasion; the delicious food - all organic and vegetarian and locally grown and probably the tastiest meal I've had in a long time; being present, meeting Garin, hugging Bianca... all this and more!
The beautiful bride and me - the handsome groom can be seen in the background
Thank you for including me in your celebration, Bianca and Garin.  It was a perfect day.  TJ and I were jetlagged, but so happy to be there.  We can't wait to see you again and spend some quality time with you both.  May Jehovah bless your marriage and your shared future for eternity.

Image credit: TJ

2 comments:

  1. Great picture ladies!! You both look gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you were able to make it to your friends wedding. She was lovely (both of them were) to meet and it was so nice to spend some time with them. I'm happy for both of you that England is just that much closer. :) Great pic..you match the flowers in her bouquet! :)

    ReplyDelete