I read a pretty interesting article over at The Japan Times News about how South African wines are faring on the world scene. It talks about the effect war and sanctions had on the wine market, and what has been accomplished in the last twenty years with export cash coming in. South Africa does have some of the oldest vines in the world, which produce a very distinct flavor and is sought-after in certain grape varietals. There are also grapes that have been developed there that don't exist anywhere else.
Take a look at the article, I think you'll find it very interesting and it'll whet your appetite as you learn about which grapes to expect world-class wines out of when we visit in December.
When I saw a post that had the word Uncouth in it I could have sworn it was about Simone.
ReplyDeleteI am surprised. Interesting article. Thanks for sharing. Simone...do not be uncouth and swing on any
vines when we're touring. Save that for the Safari. :) Love ya lady!