![]() |
| A few of Fairview's roaming goats |
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
The Goatfather
When I saw this lit up wine bottle on Etsy, I immediately thought how good it would look in your home, Allyse. The good news is that in December we're all going to have the opportunity to buy this beautiful bottle, complete with wine inside! It's one of the Goats Do Roam range of blended wines offered by Fairview Wine and Cheese Estate in the Paarl region of the Winelands, not far from the Stellenbosch wine route. They're described as not being ‘easy-drinkers’ but rather serious wines - with approachability and full upfront fruit, combined with subtle elegance and firm body. I have to say, though, that's a fantastically humorous label for a serious wine.
Fairview cheeses have won many awards over the years. They specialize in the production of (you guessed it) goat cheese. Now that's a visit to look forward to!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I can see why that's bottle of wine, especially the label, would remind you of Allyse. You have a good eye for similarities taffy!
ReplyDeleteOh WOW! Ok MissSimone (I use the Miss lightly) ;) Yes the peaceful green of the bottle would remind Taf of me..while the whiskers on the goat would def make her think of razors and extra hair which would in turn of course....well anyway. Cool...can't wait to try it and bringt he bottle home. :) Love the lights inside....def tis moi! :) (Love ya Simone)
ReplyDeleteand of course this description is DEF me... :) hahahaha!
ReplyDelete"...with approachability and full upfront fruit, combined with subtle elegance and firm body."
love it!
That's it, I'm calling you "full upfront fruit" from now on. You asked for it!
Delete