I follow a few comic strips that amuse me and one is Stone Soup, written and illustrated by Jan Eliot. Jan recently released a strip that mentioned Cape Town, South Africa and I started to wonder why. After a little Googling I discovered that she spent the first three months of this year in Cape Town! I encourage to click here and visit her blog to read about what she says of the experience. She has some great photos (this National Park sign might be my favorite) and she sheds some American light on South African cartoonists. As this blog progresses and our trip nears, I had planned on sharing with you some examples of the South African sense of humor. It's more subtle than typical American humor and very dry. So watch out for more comic strips to come...
Meanwhile, here's the Stone Soup strip that recently featured Cape Town. The character Alix Stone is a 10-year-old tomboy and the little blond-haired boy is her younger cousin, Max, who lives next door. Alix has a wonderful naivety and an overactive imagination. She often hops into her blow-up paddling pool, pops on her goggles and experiences an entire ocean of underwater life. Enjoy!

hahahaha i love the national park sign! i want to go to there!
ReplyDelete:)