Monday, January 6, 2014

Thank you!

To our gracious hosts - Patrick and Janette, Spike and Rose.  What more can we say?  Your generosity and hospitality were first class.  Nothing was too much trouble for you and you still took the time to go above and beyond to truly spoil and surprise us.  You all made the trip truly perfect.
My brother and his lovely wife

Mom and dad
 
I think that camera is surgically attached
To our readers - thank you for following our adventures with us. There are many many more photos than the ones posted here, thanks to our personal professional photog Damon O'Reilly who captured every moment at least twice. Every single one of us would just love to bore you senseless with each photo - don't be shy to ask to see them. As you can see, the quality of his work is unsurpassed.

We also have a video of the trip in the works, thanks to our personal videographer who accompanied us, Shelby O'Reilly. We were quite the travelling circus, there were at least ten of us everywhere we went and the video will be something to see. The video promises many moments of hilarity, a record of major accomplishments, more African animals than you can shake a stick at, a killer soundtrack, beautiful dancing idiots and one charging elephant - all the essential ingredients of the trip of a lifetime. Keep an eye out for your invitation to the red carpet premiere.
Serious business










Readers: we'd all love to know - what was your favorite blog post?  Or even just your favorite photo?

Members of the travelling circus: if you had to pick just one highlight (tough, I know), what would it be?
Or even better, is there a story you'd like to tell that I missed telling?  I allowed Damon's photos to rule my posts and certainly left out a lot of detailed narrative, so please feel free to share your perspective.

Over to all of you...

3 comments:

  1. To make a reference to your post: I enjoyed seeing South Africa through your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were so many highlights that I could spend the morning recounting them. However, if I had to pick just one, I would have to say that holding, walking, and being with the lions made me long for (in a good way) a time when it won't be unusual for that to happen. I was awed and humbled by their beauty and power and grace. I thought of the designer of these amazing animals more than just a little and was grateful that he (I hope) knows me and is allowing me to know him. It was an experience that was truly spiritual for me and I appreciate ALL who made it happen. Hearing the lions roar at night was also just music...not at all scary, just...well...natural and I felt that it was as it should be. Now if only I could have gotten to sleep that night I wouldn't have been a "hot mess" the next morning...(and it was still wonderful).

    Table Mountain wasn't anything to shake a stick at either. :) But that's another story....

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Patrick and Janette, Spike and Rose, Thank you so much for an amazing time. This was my most memorable trip to date. I appreciate everything you did for us to ensure that we had a nice time. You went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable and welcome at your home. Words can not express my gratitude for your family. Thank you Thank you Thank you! xoxo

    My most memorable experience on this trip is hard to narrow down. I would have to say that holding the baby cub at the lion park is tied with climbing table mountain. Never did I (or anyone else) think that I would actually be able to hold the cub. I loved it. And Climbing table mountain was literally more than I ever imagined. The view looking down on the mountain and the view looking up while on the mountain is so breath taking. Just seeing the clouds above pass by was like a scene in a movie. It was gorgeous. This trip was so amazing. I loved every minute of it!!

    ReplyDelete