 |
| Free Swim |
Peter Gray is an internationally acclaimed wildlife artist who was born in Zimbabwe but now lives in Cape Town, South Africa. Most of his
paintings are oil on canvas and depict wildlife scenes - a personal passion for the artist. He also has a collection of bronze and silver
sculptures. I am always amazed by the incredible detail Peter captures in his scenes - just take a look at the sunlight reflecting off the seals' skin in Free Swim (above), and the feathers on the flamingos in Symphony (below). I feel as though I can see every hair on his
Matabo Leopard and every crease and wrinkle in the skin of
this charging elephant.
The good news is, we're very likely to get to meet Peter in December. He's one of Jehovah's Witnesses and he attends my parents' congregation.
 |
| Symphony |
It was very cool to see his paintings up close and personal at the gallery at the winery. Can you imagine the talent of the talented...come perfection! Was really nice to meet him.
ReplyDelete