Thursday, April 18, 2013

Welcome to the blog!

I'd like to invite you all to make use of this blog as we plan our trip to South Africa.  I have set you up - Simone, Gail, Allyse and TJ - as authors so if you have interesting information you've come across or an exciting update, feel free to use this one-stop site to create a post and share it with everyone.  I've also set this up to be visible to the public so you can send a link to rub this trip in the nose of share your excitement with anyone you want.  Then once we're back we can possibly use this space to share our photos, videos and experiences with friends and family around the globe.

On the other hand, if this doesn't interest you - feel free to ignore it completely!  I'll have a ball with it all on my own :)

I will be occasionally posting interesting facts about South Africa so that you can learn a little more about the country and also educate the ignorant who react badly when you tell them where you're headed.  So take a look around the blog, check out the pages I've created and the links on the right hand side.  And don't forget to come back here every now and then to look for updates, post your comments, share with the group.  Feel free to give feedback of what you'd like to see on this blog.

As of today, it's officially 8 months until you girls board your flight at JFK on Wednesday, December 18th!  Woot-woot!

4 comments:

  1. Ha I have already been telling people at work where I'm headed. The princpal of the school I used to be in has actually been to Capetown and done cliff diving...we were discussing how I prob would NOT be doing that. Thanks for creating this...love the Zebra in the backround. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... I vote for more of a spa, beach, wine farms, seafood, serenity version of Cape Town... :)

      Delete
  2. I'm late to the blog, but I already know it will make me envious! What kind of fools would react badly to South Africa??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those of the ignorant variety :)

      Welcome Forreste, it's never too late to enjoy the SA Trip blog!

      Delete